Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sweet Land of Libertine.









While perusing the people/party section of style.com I happened upon a post about Duran Duran playing this season's Fendi party. Looking at the pictures reminded me of a pary I attended during Spring Fashion Week 08. Possibly, the most fabulous party of my life thus far! I was interning for Libertine, at the time it was the hottest label in NYC. Crazy amazing people would stop by the showroom as well as great party invites. This one in particular was passed up by the designer and passed down to my BFF Natalie and I. The event was for the launch of a new Russian Vodka called Imperia. It was held on Liberty Island, yep, the Statue of Liberty! We brought two of our friends Max and Lars as they were walking in some of the shows that week. We were quite the crew! The party began with us shuttled by ferries where I sat next to the likes of Donna Karan and Natalia Vodianova. When we hit the island it was beautifully set up with huge tents decorated with Moroccan Lamps and Turkish rugs. Caviar was free flowing as was the vodka with stands in every solitary corner of the party. Natalie and I had no idea how amazing this party was going to be, and right when we thought the party had reached it's peak Duran Duran turned up on a floating stage and played a set! We Freaked and danced up a storm. This was truly a night to be remembered.

No comments: