Saturday, September 11, 2010

Japan Times (part 3)




















Wednesday my dad and I took the train to Roppongi to find some shirts for stage. Roppongi is another shopping district, very expensive very gorgeous. I have yet to upload those photos as I finally used my Rebel for that trip. Wednesday night was the first night of our 3 day stint at Blue Note jazz club. Aki our guide was amazing and the staff was so good to us. Not to mention, the fans are amazing here, they are so happy and they love the music so much. My friend Eriko and her best friend and model Yoko came out to see us play! That was a ton of fun.


On Thursday the band and I woke up early to take the train to Ginza. This is like Times Square on steroids. Amazing shops and department stores on every block. One store that struck me was an 8 floor department store. Every level was crazy cool. The bottom floor was the cosmetics counters that were more like free standing stores, and the top floor turned into an artisan market. So unique. And I can't for the life of me remember what the name of it was. As I walked a little ways, I happened to stumble upon a 5 floor Forever 21 that carried Japan only items...it was unreal.

Later that day before our show, I went to the Hotel Okura museum. Apparently Mr. Okura had a great appreciation for Ancient Buddhist art. It was absolutely breathtaking and so relaxing.

Well, I gotta run, Im off to take the bullet train to Nagoya

scroll down to check out a montage of our performance at Blue Note HERE

No comments: